- Start a vlog
Meet John Green, (Jo Rowling and Tina Fey) upon reflection these are pretty lofty and unattainable goals
- Write a book
- Graduate college with honors- I’m trying really hard, but I’m coming to terms that it might not happen and I’m okay with that. I think. However, I’m going to keep trying.
- Live in another country
See the ocean this is happening this summer too!
- Have a library of my own
- Fall in love
- Learn a new language, preferably French, and go somewhere where I can use it.
Travel across Europe this is happening this summer!
- Own a cat
- Fix my relationship with some of my family members
- Move out of Missouri upon graduation- found out where I want it to be, Chicago. 🙂
Kiss a stranger
- Write a screenplay
- Become a publicist for a company in Chicago.
Go to a location where a famous movie was shot.
- Work in a used bookstore
- Do yoga on a regular basis
- Make dinner and dessert for someone that I love on Valentine’s Day
- Go to VidCon
- read all of the books on my bookshelf
Own an iPhone
- Roadtrip through the United States
- Have an amazing bookshelf like these
- See my mom and little brother’s happy
- Learn how to walk in heels
- Get better at math- I’m working on it.
- Grow out my fingernails
- Be happy.
In two months time I’ll be turning 25 years old and about a year or so ago I wrote a list of things that I had hoped to do by 30. These are my accomplishments thus far. What a year it has been and I’m really looking forward to what the next five years have in store for me.
Earlier this afternoon I went on an HGTV binge and the show ‘My First Place’ came on & I had a mild panic attack. Why the panic attack you ask? Well, I have an answer for you. My answer is that I’m almost 25 years old and not even close to graduating college and I’m putting myself in to a nice amount of debt now & I’m expected to find a house and have most of my life planned out past next few months? NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, SOCIETY!!
As much as I love HGTV & the wonderful shows that they have on there ‘My First Place’ is one of the scariest shows that I’ve seen. There’s SO MUCH that you have to take into account before buying a house and good grief is it intimidating and obnoxiously expensive. While I was watching the show I indulged in some peach rings to balance out the whole situation. Ya know, watch a serious show that is directed at adults with money (which I am not) and eat gummy candy (that is clearly for children).
Yes, my life is more or less planned out (at least for the next four months) but after graduation I have no problem paying rent on an apartment in the city or something because I’ll already be under a mini-mountain of student loan debt. So obviously, paying a 1,000 + mortgage is NOT in any way shape or form. One day I would like to own my own house or apartment but I am more than well aware that that just isn’t in the cards for a very long time.
At this point in my life I’m just excited to look at home decoration stores and brainstorm ideas of what to do with my future home and thankfully HGTV is good for that. So thanks, HGTV for making me both excited and even more terrified to grow up.